Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh the humanity

Hi friends,

Its been a while.
The father in law is still kicking, Id like to kick him

I am in severe distress.

Last night I got to thinking that I hadnt backed up my laptop in a while, I have several pictures, (my photography class, my two year old niece...my sons last year of high school, his high school graduation, my daughters eighth grade graduation.......well, you get the gist, not to mention SEVERAL purchases from Itunes) So I got out my external hard drive, and my laptop, went to turn the laptop on, and NOTHING.
Not a damn thing.........the lights come on, but the hard drive just hums............it hums the nasty tune of death............

Pardon me while I curl up in the fetal position, suck my thumb and cry like a baby.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, no! My hard drive crashed a few months ago and fortunately they were able to rescue everything for me, when they installed the new one. Bless them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG the ultimate computer disaster... ouch. i can only imagine your pain, similar to the pain i felt the other day when i realized i'd been taking pictures for an entire week without a memory card in my camera, only multiplied by the thousands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh, not good. Had the same thing happen to me a while ago....but for once I listened to my son and all I can say is......Go with a Mac! I'm loving mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually had something similar to this happen to me lately, it wasn't the drive but the enclosure, so it's still useless. It really, really sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........