Wednesday, February 1, 2012

One born every minute

Im not one of those people who get all crazy over products advertised on TV,  but these little puppies always roused my curiosity.....so one day while Christmas shopping,  I THREW THEM IN THE CART.  My first use was this morning......cause they are "SO  EASY TO USE"  I attempted to use them before work, when my time is very limited.....what a dumbass!!!
This is what one eggie looks like......to get the damn egg in it,  you have to dismantle it into a total of 4 pieces....less you accidentally remove the rubberband looking thing,  (which they fail to mention even exists).... then you get five pieces.
Another thing they fail to advertise.....the fact that all 4/5  pieces need to be lubricated with this.........
in order to get that nonstick luxury they advertise.  (these little plastic suckers are extremely slippery once lubed,  making the insertion of raw egg,  very VERY messy!).....
about two minutes into the boiling.....I look into the pot, and see this:
they had all......all but two of them had opened up and spat out the raw egg into the boiling water.....
Mutha f&*$ers!!!!
And after ALL that.......what did I get for my troubles??? Two lousy deformed eggs......
Front two....courtesy of eggies.....back three......courtesy of mother nature.
A closer look of the deformed "egg"  which looks more like it is a food that would be consumed by "the residents with the eyes that live in the hills".........

My review of the pinche eggies?  THEY EFFING SUCK........

22 comments:

  1. OMG! I've been wanting to buy these and now - NOW WAY! Sorry for your experience, but thank you for the public service!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Christine!!!
      Welcome back, I havent heard from you in a while!
      If someone can benefit from my heartbreak, then I guess it was worth it.

      Delete
  2. They look like alien eggs, not very appetising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldnt even bring myself to taste them.

      Delete
  3. DAMMIT I wanted those to be the real deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Anonymous, me too. (sad face)

      Delete
  4. LMAO !!! I never understood the POINT of this "product" in the first place - saving time shelling the egg, I suppose - but I can shell a hard-boiled in 2 seconds using a spoon as a shoe-horn !

    CRACK, SLIP SPOON IN, SLIDE SPOON OUTWARD AROUND EGG !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, Heff, as I was going through the whole "PRE PREP" I was asking myself "Cho, why are you wasting soooo much time....just plop the damn egg in the water" but Im stubborn.

      Delete
  5. Cho, Ron Popeil was MADE FOR LOVIN' YOU, LMAO !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heff, I had to google him.....this is only the second thing ever, that I have purchases an "As seen on TV" product.........I love my snuggie.

      Delete
  6. Heff owns a snuggie.....Don't tell nobody, lols....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahaha, mines blue, what color is yours??

      Delete
  7. Well, poop! They sounded like such a good idea in the commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Auburn Football Orange and Blue.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing "as seen on tv" is ever as good as it sounds. I can shell an egg in 2.5 seconds without the use of any utensils whatsoever. And the egg remains intact.

    And...*ahem*..where's the new background you so mentioned? I won't leave you alone until it changes! I never forget anything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still laughing... I thought to myself when I saw these advertised back in November: "What's wrong with the container the egg is already in?" Thanks for speading the word. Stil laughing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my defense, it was the whole "season your hard boiled egg before its cooked" that conned me into the purchase......(slides eyes sideways, blushes intensely)

      Delete
  11. Rare is the As Seen on TV product that actually works the way they claim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering if they worked.. guess that answers my question! Who would have thought that something that was on sale on the television wasn't very good? :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear God, I hope you didn't eat those. They look absolutely disgusting. Stick with mother nature, there's a reason things are the way they are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good lord, were you boiling condoms????
    -BamaTrav

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........