Thursday, April 5, 2012

ATTENTION College Football Fans!!!!!

Before I go on,  let me just say that up until last night at 8:00 P.M.  Pacific Time,  I was NOT a college football fan. 

In fact,  I didnt even begin to watch football until my son started Playing Pop Warner football in the 6th grade.....and little by little my husband sucked me into his web, and I begin watching Pro Football.....
12 years later,  I have declared myself......an Oakland Raider fan.  
I dont want to hear your groans....
It was a difficult decision for me to make....
my husband is a Chiefs fan....
(ok, I lie,  him being a Chiefs fan was one of my top reasons for chosing the Raiders...)  
97% of my family are Raider fans..........and ALOT of my high school pictures feature me wearing Raiders gear.....(must have been the fashion statement of that time.... I DO look good in both Silver, and Black)  
anywhooo,  that is how I became a Raider fan.......

but these links my friends,  explain why I am now a College football fan,  and more importantly,  a USC fan...... 


http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/highschoolsports/2017910412_browne05.html

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/story/_/id/7777207/usc-trojans-land-highly-touted-qb-recruit-max-browne


Yup,  he is a family member (through marriage).  And if you know me at all, you know how I feel about loyalty and family......so this demands that I become a fan!!!!

 

7 comments:

  1. Cho,
    In the Southeast US, college football and NASCAR are the equivalent to your Raiders, or even LA's Lakers... You and I have something in common. Since you just became a fan, you may not know that prior to Lane Kiffin taking the USC job, he left the University of Tennessee after two years and many promises. Not that I can blame him for going back home, he did not leave a good impression here, and there was a lot of illegal garbage to clean up. I hope for your family member's sake he gets through college without the program getting shit-canned, however, for Kiffy, I wish nothing but another great year of non-eligible post season play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barfly, Im a Tony Stewart fan, so I guess Im ready to move the southeast now....

    Those almost sound like fighting words.....
    dont make me hit you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the southeast. Tony's my driver and I love college football. The Univ. of Alabama Crimson Tide, winner of two of the last three national championships. College is more exciting than a bunch of overpaid divas whining about everything. Also LOVE the Detroit Redwings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bama, I have never been to a hockey game : (

      Delete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........