Thursday, April 12, 2012

Overworked and underpaid

I am irritated this morning.

I arrived to work early, only to find one of my bosses here early.



He had the balls to question the piles on my desk.
These are the same piles that I always get questioned about.

It was his passive aggressive way of telling me that I need to get rid of the piles..

We have had this conversation several times before.


They conveniently "forget" all the extras that they pile on me.

They make me the operator,  cause the Dilda is too busy to answer her phones,  so they make me answer and screen everyones calls. (cause God forbid they tell the dilda something)
(I dont mind this, cause I have a fantastic time screwing around with the junk calls....there is nothing better than telling someone that whatever they are selling doesnt apply to you since you make fake vaginas)

They make me back up sales, because the sales department is ALWAYS taking days off,  for every reason you could possibly imagine,  right down to "I was asleep and didnt feel like waking up".  And for being a backup,  I think my orders equal almost as much as a full time sales staffer...

I am literally the bosses bitch,  right down to reserving his room in Alaska for his yearly fishing trip, and his wife calls me directly when she needs him.

I get asked to type up letters to lawyers,  which Im pretty sure is not part of the purchasing job description,  scan and email correspondence with the lawyers, and field said lawyers  calls.

I deal with our driver,  who picks up our orders from various places, as well as get him the maps to get there.....
Schedule pick ups and deliveries.

I deal with our delivery drivers, UPS, FEDEX,  all necessary paperwork for international orders as well as hop on the damn forklift and unload the freight that comes in....
(sounds more like Im still in the shipping department.)

All the while making sure that this company NEVER runs out of toilet paper for ass wiping, and pens for writing with...

And when necessary,  I go out to the paint room and I paint the products, cause YES, Im that fucking good.

I do not complain about all these "duties", cause quite honestly, Im probably the most valuable employee here.  I have worked in every single department in this building.  I started in production,  machine shopped, shipped, received, painted, assembled, sold, and bought, and everything in between........

There is NO one else that can do everything that I can do.

But I DO complain when they have the audacity to ask why this stack of papers has not yet been filed.

14 comments:

  1. I had/have the SAME problem at my current job. I wrote an email a couple weeks ago, outlined what I was hired for and what I actually do...pointed out that I haven't had a raise in 3 years and now do the job of three people. I told them that if they wanted me to continue to be their bitch, and handle everything they USED to have to pay 3 people to do...that they should consider that I might be more productive if I had a little help. (I worded it a lot more diplomaticallY)

    I think they were most amazed at my frankness. They straight out told me they "hadn't thought about it"...it being the fact that I am now doing at least one job in EVERY department here except assembly. My assistant started Monday :D 20 hours a week and the new girl is 100% mine. WOOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, your very own assistant....thats awesome!

      Delete
  2. How do you know the fake vaginas are worth a damn that you make, seeing as you have no penis to stick in them. They could be too loose, too tight (never will you hear a man bitch about that) too ugly, too much curtin hanging down, gaping, all sorts of production problems. Glad it's you and not me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While it's nice to be necessary, it's very frustrating to not be compensated for your worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell yes Cho!!

    Hey, anyway to get a discount on a rubber cooter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can probably get you a good deal on a rubber cooter......what you need, the 19" or the 22"

      Delete
    2. I want to hear about this size thing. Is that circumference or depth? If it's depth, I'd probably be able to make the 19 work - Just barely.

      Delete
  5. If a girl really had a rubber you-know-what could she bounce around like she was on a hipity-hop? Youngsters that came past Romper Room may have to google it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahahaha!! I had a Donald Duck one!!!

      I still bounce around like that at the gym, on those yoga balls....people stare...........

      Delete
    2. I hear the Donald Duck ones were best because he wears no pants to get in the way of the bounce.

      I'd like to see the yoga ball bounce. Hell, I'd stair too.

      Delete
  6. "PAYBACK : THIS TIME, IT'S FOR REAL"

    Quit your job, and on your way OUT, leave a "pile" of a different sort ON HIS DESK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heff!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering where you were.

      Delete
  7. "PAYBACK : THIS TIME, IT'S FOR REAL"

    Quit your job, and on your way OUT, leave a "pile" of a different sort ON HIS DESK.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........