Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day.




Happy Fathers Day.....

I rant and rave, and constantly bitch about my husband....I do..........cause in all honesty, he gives me much to rant and rave and constantly bitch about.


But I will say this:

HE IS AN EXCELLENT FATHER.

He is the star in a thankless role...

that of STEP-FATHER

He stepped in and took the job that some worm of a human abandoned.

I honestly believe he fell in love with my kids before he fell in love with me.

He has been to every sporting event,  music recital,  Christmas program,or any ceremony that my child has participated in since the moment he came on scene.

He has sold his soul to a bitch, to be in their lives. 

He didnt have to do it, but he did and still does,  willfully, eagerly, and wholeheartedly.

He plays role of daddy better than anyone Ive ever known....

I have never once heard him say that they arent his kids,  no matter how mad he is at me.  He has said some stupid stuff,  but he has always claimed them....ALWAYS.

He has sacrificed to help me put them through private school,  pay the cell phone bills, extra sporting costs..auto insurance for a new driver, school trips to Washington D.C.  Science camps, summer camps, and winter camps.

He has been present for every emergency room visit, urgent care, false alarms, concussions and broken arms....sitting along side me, and worrying right along with me.

He loves my kids.

Sometimes it hits me like a ton of bricks,  the responsibility this man took on.  It floors me that he did that.  That he still does....now that they are 20 & 17.....grown ups.....he is STILL  their daddy. 

So if youve ever read me bitching about the man,  and wondered why I stick around.......  the answer lies above.

It takes a special man to do what he has done,  and I will not easily dismiss that.

4 comments:

  1. Amen! It's not an easy role to assume and to do it as well as you say he has, says a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like an AWESOME man! One of the main reasons, I married mine was because I saw what a great daddy he was to his daughter - and that alone told me what a wonderful person he was, so I nabbed him.

    Happy Father's day to your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post, Cho. My awesome daughters made my father's day wonderful yesterday at the beach. It makes me really know they love me.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........