Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Painful victories............

Best date ever!!

Last night the Kings won....(oh and this picture was taken at The Staples Center, at the Kings game I went to,  see how hot the people I went with were??  LOL)

Where was I?? Oh yeah, I was celebrating the win....L.A.'s first Stanley Cup............ever..........and I was really - really excited.  In fact,  I believe it was the most excited Ive ever gotten about a sporting event.....except for one......

(enter harp music, and smoke machine) 

Picture if you will,  Choleesa,  10 years ago,  (give or take) celebrating the Lakers winning the championship of that year....ditching work with her husband, her sister, and her sisters boyfriend at the time,  to join THOUSANDS of other people at the Laker Parade.

It was late May/Very early June......and it was hot as fuck!!!

Of course we got there early, forgoing breakfast, so that we could get prime "standing" next to the stage....cause even then,  I was all about the pictures.....

The more people that arrive,  the hotter and stuffier it gets.....there is no air flow....and alot of stinky people.....
Time progresses,  I get hungry, and hot....
The announcer gets on stage and announces that the parade has begun..........
" OUR L.A. LAKERS are on their way!!" 
they also inform us that firemen are going to hook up some hoses to a fire hydrant and some fans,  to wet the crowd,  due to the heat.....

An hour later,  no Lakers,  no fire hoses, no fans....and I am no longer sweating.... I cant breath.  
I feel ill.
I get dizzy, and lose my balance.....
Husband decides I should go to the first aid tent.....
As we are walking towards first aid,  the announcer announces that "Our L.A. Lakers" are about five minutes away.
So husband checks me in,  handsome fireman hands me a red solo cup of gatorade and an ice pack to put on the back of my neck, and fills out a report............."female victim appears lethargic".  

I tell husband to go back and watch the ceremony.....(you know, cause Im a good wife like that)

Fucker went. 
And left me IN FIRST AID by myself......
(well by myself - with the hundred other dehydrated, heatstroking people)

I was in tears................  I had ditched work,  stood out in the heat for HOURS,  and I was missing the whole thing.....

AND my husband  left me all alone!!!

When all was said and done,  the rest of my party came to claim me........ 
I dont remember walking to the car, or the ride home,  but I do remember waking up on my living room floor,  feeling the shittiest I have EVER in my ENTIRE life felt......
I spent the entire night barfing,  my eyes were sunk in, and I was an awful shade of yellow.....
I probably should have went to the emergency room,  but  I dont like admitting that I cant fix myself....
So to this day, whenever there is some sort of a victory parade, (and there will be one in the next week or so)  I get teased, and made fun of.....and I have to remind those who "love" me,  that THEY left me.........alone.......In a first aid tent.

12 comments:

  1. 'Fucker went'. Brilliantly put. However I have no idea what sport this post is about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starts off with Hockey, ends with Basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the parade incident was anything like the pic above, you were simply suffering from "Tight Jeans Syndrome".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things men notice........sheeesh.

      Delete
  4. I can't think of any sport worth that to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well it wasnt exactly what I signed on for....it was SUPPOSED to be fun...

      Delete
  5. Cute. Is that you or your friend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Men and their sports. Whatever.

    So sorry you went through that!

    And green with envy you were at Staples! What a VICTORY!

    I was at home (in OC) watching it all unfold on the news, and crying with joy. And I'm not even a hockey fan.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........