Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Is ignorance really bliss, or is it just plain stupid??

Is it just me?

When someone you know and care about has medical issues, do you immediately google them to inform yourself??

I do, I want to know exactly what it is, how it is treated, worst case scenarios...the whole shabang!

Maybe Im a freak that way.
When I found out I had diabetes, I went to the library and checked out every book they had, right down to Diabetic cookbooks....not so much so I could behave, but so I could KNOW.

To this day, I dont think my husband has EVER looked into it. He only knows that candy is bad. He thinks if I stay away from candy...all will be well.

He is so wrong.
I ONCE asked him and only once, to read up on it....spend 5 minutes of his fucking precious time, and educate himself...so that if I one day slip into a diabetic coma...he will know what to do.......
He didnt...so I guess Im shit out of luck if I do.
(but he didnt look into his high blood pressure either)

To me, I take it that he just dosnt care enough to WANT to know.

Am I a freak?? or is he an ass?

11 comments:

  1. You're not a freak. It's so easy to educate yourself in a few minutes with the internet. I just had to learn about breast cancer, myself.

    Course, it started innocently, such as..."prognosis for stage 1 breast cancer" but digressed to "humongous asian knockers".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope all is well Barfly.

      Delete
    2. It's a-ok right now. Thanks Cho.

      Delete
  2. Man you make me feel like an ass. My grandfather and a good (older) friend of mine are both diabetic. I never looked it up. I know enough only that if they start acting funny they need a candy bar or the emergency orange juice / soda each of them keeps in the car. Only had to grab that once for one of them otherwise they pretty much stay on top of it themselves, checking blood sugar and such. One is insulin dependent one is not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those trick questions? I suspect your husband just doesn't want to think about something bad happening and is putting is head in the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna go with he is an ass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know but I'd have thought some form of greater interest from him to help

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...leaving to go Google HUMONGOUS ASIAN KNOCKERS.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. He should know what to do in the event of an emergency. Period. It will be to late to Google it by then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Google is my best friend. We're very close. Back in the day, it was the library. I like Google much better!

    PS: You're his wife, he should know as much as he can, about anything that effects you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I got diagnosed with RA, I googled the shit out of it and talked to an assload of people so that I could learn as much as I possibly could about it. My husband knows much more than most of the general population.

    I think yours should at the very least, know what to do in case of an emergency - this is your life we're talking about here.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........