Thursday, October 25, 2012

Update!

Well,  I was going to write a post telling y'all where Ive been....
But then my phone.....
it went haywire!!!!
It did an update............
didn't even give me a choice,  just did it.
Shut itself off,  then rebooted itself. 
I heard it start up, cause its a Droid,  and it makes this robot sound when you turn it on...
and that is when I noticed......

Its different.
I cant find my apps!!!!!!!!!
Even the screen lock is different now......
and when I unlock the screen,  instead of being greeted by  Jack Skellington....
i see a black screen.........Just black.......nothing there.......
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Everything about it is different.
Everything right down to the color scheme!!
The battery indicator was once green,  and its now BLUE.
My touch screen keyboard now resembles the keyboard of a blackberry....

Me no likey!!!

My gmail app looks totally different........
I am not even sure how to work it......

Im a smart intelligent person,  and I can figure things out pretty quickly,  but first I have to get over the shock of change.

I dont do well with change.

Seriously,  I don't.

In fact, I have a problem with the fact that I changed my post from where Ive been to complaining about my stupid phone....
But I cannot write a coherent post - not with the trauma and all........

First the Apple Ipod.....which is honestly one of the reasons I have not gotten an Iphone....cause it just fux with me way too much...
But now my Droid..............

Et tu Brute?

I think I need to go cower in a boiling hot shower....wash off the feeling that Ive just been violated........

Ill try again tomorrow to tell you where Ive been........
that's if my stupid navigation on my stupid phone still works....
if it doesn't...then I don't know how to get to where Ive been.....

You can SEE the madness of it all cant you???

5 comments:

  1. If you feel so violated by all the "powered" gizmos you need to let me know so next time I don't bring over that "gymbag" full of....battery powered stuff. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter was just ranting about the update, earlier. Said she was going to have to relearn the darn thing. She wasn't a happy camper, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put them in MY HANDS, Cho. I'd love to tweak your hand-held devices ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it very hard to belive that you can't find your apps, last time I saw it, it was stuffed tightly in some jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I generally switch off any option that says "allow automatic updates" - I like to be in control of the device not the other way round - so I know your pain to a degree.

    It is one of the things that really bugs me with modern software though is that people do such radical changes and seem to test so little... "in my day..." etc. I still feel if I'd have written Facebook as a college project - I'd have failed! I did Software Engineering, i.e. design, develop, test!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........