Thursday, November 8, 2012

another thing.....

This is one item on my bucket list....(i had a nice little post done up on it, and low and behold, it didnt auto save, and i accidentally lost it, then I REALLY lost it...so I will revisit THAT post on another day!)
Boxing lessons...................

My daddy used to be a boxer,  a pretty good one I hear,  but it was before I was born,  and life interfered with his dreams...or  maybe it was my arrival,  but for many many years of my young life,  I used to watch my dad work out with his punching bag, and his speed bag,  I watched him shadow box....

He used to teach me to throw a punch, so I wouldnt "hit like a girl" ....

Well aging,  being the thing that it is.....I soon found myself just too busy, too important,  and too good, to hang out  WITH MY DAD, and hit a bag.....

But I have always wanted to put on a pair of boxing gloves, and hit something.  I have always wanted to go back and learn the things my dad TRIED to teach me....

It was important enough for me to put it on  my bucket list....a list of things important enough for me to do before I die.....

Well guess what folks.....
 
THAT is my hand,  after being wrapped for the first time at my first boxing "lesson"
(please ignore the fact that I seriously NEED a manicure...Im a boxer for gosh sakes,  I cannot be bothered with my nails!)

That is right!! I joined a boxing club....I guess that would imply that I joined some bad ass boxing association...Not so much,  its a neighborhood joint, that is dedicated to  boxing.....


And I ABSOLUTELY loved it!!!!   The people,  while varying in age, race, creed, and gender,  were fantastic.....the coaches there seem to love the fact that a  30 something year old wants to learn to hit like a man......


 THAT is my hand, after being UNWRAPPED!! 

Dont worry it doesnt hurt....I thought my knuckles were bruised, (I also think maybe I have alot of pent up rage)  it just felt  really REALLY good to hit the bag,  so I kept hitting it harder and harder.....


Now my   "chicken wings"  hurt, as does every single inch of both my arms...

And turns out it wasnt bruising....just serious irritation...Its gone now..


and Im excited to go again tonight!!!


Look at me getting all interesting and stuff. 

10 comments:

  1. Choleesa! I'm excited for you! While it's not my thing; a friend of mind started doing a karate/boxing thing a few years ago and it absolutely changed her life. Seriously. I am so happy to hear that you are going for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see where it could come in very handy to not hit like a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Don't forget to learn how to jab and do footwork too, you don't want to end up being a slugger like Joe Frazier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so awesome that you are doing this!!!!! Inspires me to do something that I have always wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty awesome Cho! When and where can we win money off you? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd LOVE to be your punching bag, but keep all shots ABOVE THE WAIST, Mmmmkay ???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to see your footwork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to learn how to tap dance. Just one kick ass routine that I can introduce.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........