Monday, December 3, 2012

If its not one thing, Its your mother..

Hello.
So Ive hit a snag of a sort in my boxing.
Ive been missing alot, I signed up with a friend,  and she has been flaking out left and right on me,
so rather than girding up my loins and going alone,  Ive been going home instead.
Im a tad bit intimidated by going alone,  I mean Im sure Ill be fine,  but its funner with someone to talk to.
But as explained previously,  I dont really "do" alone.
But since she keeps missing,  I am missing too.
Its kinda hard to convince a trainer that you are serious about learning,  when you never show up.
So tonight,  come hell or high water,  I am walking into that boxing gym by myself.

This is the same reason I dont like working out with someone.  I get used to the company that the other person provides, but then I  become dependent on them too.  I did this same thing with this same girl with two different classes,  something comes up, and she cant make it,  and I get lazy,  and then I just give up completely...


So I can either find another boxing buddy.....which would be nice, but not likely as I HAVE NO FRIENDS.

Or I can just suck it up  and get my lonely ass in there.......

Encourage me people!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. TOTALLY Get it. I don't have time to go to the gym with ~ 3 hour commute. We are doing Biggest Loser competition at work so I DO run/walk with a coworker during lunch for about an hour three times a week. When I did have a gym membership i remember the awkward feeling going by myself to the classes esp because everybody else was so good at it.

    I figured, if i wanted my hot body back, i needed to go. And EVERYBODY was new at some point. I usually just found my place in the back, wiggled my ass for an hour and went home proud of myself for going. I still hate working out by myself though ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, get your ass in there. you'll regret it if you don't. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get in there! You will meet other people in the same boat, you will connect and then you will have a boxing buddy (says the woman who never goes to the gym). Go on then....be my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birds of a feather, flock together... IN THE GYM. Go to the gym and meet some like-minded people.

    I made signs for my kids, years ago, with your title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have quite a few friends and family but I love doing stuff by myself. Working out alone is my favorite. I always see the same people but we never talk. A head nod for the dudes and a drool.....I mean smile for the chicks. These other folks are like me. Leave me alone and we are cool.

    Just do it. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mux sez, I wants ta bez yo boxin potna, I culd uze dem tit tays as my punchin bagses, wit my mouf. Ats da same times I could renurish myselfs, fux sum gateraids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get going, girl! Boxing only SEEMS to be the class, but it's not. The real learning is in getting there!

    The boxing is secondary. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wonder if your friend is intimidated by your boxing prowess.....i say this because i joined a gym with a friend of mine some years back in a 2 for 1 deal. at the time i'm thinking it was for both of us to tone up, but it soon became clear to me that i was there mainly to make him look good!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........