Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hence......the new look.

This blog has been dying a slow death for about a year now...

Its not that I dont like doing it anymore,  cause I do........
But I guess the truth of the matter is that I am not in the same "place" I was when I started writing it..or even a year ago for that matter...
When I first started this blog,  I was ALL OVER the place with what I wrote....
Then I found my groove, and was  a shit talking, husband hating, on the "verge of going postal" worker, mother of two students who was completely miserable in life...

oddly enough,  those were the posts that got the most comments, and when I acquired most of my followers....
Not that I can blame anyone,  cause really,  Who doesnt slow down to look at the wreck on the side of the freeway.

But these days,  Im not that husband hating mess of a person I was before...
Ive kinda evolved to an indifferent wife, while I still dislike my coworkers....they arent going anywhere, and neither am I...so why complain.... While both my children are still in school, they are now adults....and while Ill always be mom,  my job with them is pretty much done. 

So Ive been contemplating just rolling with it,  and letting this blog  "evolve" with me...
or just saying goodbye to "my world"  and starting anew somewhere else... (cause I do love to write)

I obviously dont have the readers or commenters that I once had, and I KNOW that I am to blame for that...I cant expect people to keep coming back, when there is nothing worth coming back to....

So its entirely possible that this is my last post here in this world....if so..........for those of you left....

Thanks....

9 comments:

  1. I've been here for a long dang time, you'd better not leave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mrs. A....you have been one of my faithful few.....
      Thank you very much, and P.S. tell your son I said HI!

      Delete
  2. i dont have the readers i once had either. That too, is my fault because i just dont post as often as i used to, or visit other peoples blogs like i used to.

    I say do what i have done, just write what you want, when you want, and let whoever wants to stick around stick around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly the Golden Age of blogging is indeed behind us. As Slyde mentioned it takes A LOT of work to keep up your commentors. Visiting 50 different blogs a day and trying to come up with something witty to say often about stuff that you could really give a shit about or has no meaning to you gets to be a pain in that ass.

    I for years ran my blog like a full time job, trying to become the next Perez Hilton, next big thing, etc. It didn't happen. In all reality I don't have much of a life, there's really nothing that exciting to report, LOL.

    But alas, wilharrison.com belongs to me and every once in a while I have to go back to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go back to Willharrison.com often...

      Delete
  4. I hate that I found you late, but am so glad I did at all.
    I love that your life is evolving to a more abrasions free existence. Mine is as well. I do my best writing when I'm angsty, so my new ability to accept and float on has seriously stunted my blogging as well.

    If you'd like to be fb friends, let me know. I've found its been easier to have some social contact with the friends I've made her in blogging.

    Either way, if you start a new space, you'd better let us know.

    XoXo
    a

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annabelle, send me an email please. I got a new phone, and all email addresses went with the old phone. And I CANNOT for the life of me find an email address in that Google+ nonsense, which by the way, I do not like.

      Delete
  5. I used to use google feeds for all my blog updates. I have feedly now but rarely visit it...so when I did finally and saw you had posted I decided to drop by :P Love the birthing story...and I thought mine was good!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........