Wednesday, October 8, 2014

And so it began


Lets take it waaaaaay back to the Zombie Run. Because to the best of my knowledge that's when it all started.

I was nervous as fuck, if anyone one from then is still here now, you'll remember that I posted about how nervous I was.... The husband decided to pick a fight with me that morning. Threatening that he wouldn’t even be going. 
 I needed him to go. 
I was scared, I was nervous, and I wanted my husbands support. 
He went, albeit grudgingly, acting all put out by the entire thing, until my friends showed up, then he "show-ed" up too. Playing the loving, "Im here for you" husband role that he so frequently played to perfection, (often making me look like a bitch who had no reason to be a bitch.)

At the end of the run, participants got a free beer, and there was food and music. 
I was drinking my free beer when my friend said something that made me laugh, causing me to spit my mouthful of beer out, and unfortunately I sprayed my husband.....

Ok, I had just survived the fucking zombie apocalypse, and I get reamed by the husband for apparently already having had too much to drink (yeah, the half of the one beer) the man had a FIT. And for once, he did it in front of people.. (FYI: I never tolerated my children throwing public tantrums or tantrums of any kind for that mattter)

Well, shit! If I cant even celebrate outrunning the zombies with a little laughter, then what the hell do I have left?
Now we had problems, and lots of them before this, but on this day - MY day, I decided there was one more thing I needed to outrun. 
I think this day was the straw that broke the camels back. 
On this day, I mentally declared that SOMETHING had to change.

6 comments:

  1. Uh oh, this sounds like the start of something big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... this doesn't sound good...

    ~shoes~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have our attention... (welcome back, btw!)

    -The Commentor Previously Known as NobodysNothings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came here expecting boobies but instead all I found was zombies and a guy throwing a mantrum over a beer spray.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, tell me what your thinking.........